But here comes the meme!
1. Your name spelled backwards?
Yram. Jeez, sounds Old Testament biblical ...
My co-worker Toni, checking in on how my vacation was going (he caught me at a really tired and distracted moment, so he probably thinks not great).
3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
No single favorite. Near home, I love Coastal Flats for their crabcake. Here in Milwaukee, no question -- Polonez, with its wonderful Polish food!
5. Last time you swam in a pool?
Hmm, on travel last year sometime. Can't think precisely when. I'd be swimming here if I had learned the pool chemical testing routine from my sister before she left -- Terry and Mom built an extension onto the house years ago and installed a Swim-Ex lap pool (you swim in place against a current).
6. Britney Spears is a skank. Agree or disagree?
7. How many kids do you want?
None. And since I could no longer have any, that's a very good thing.
8. Type of music you dislike most?
A lot of rap comes across as just disagreeable noise to me ...
9. What was the last thing you bought?
A birthday cake for my Mom (I may cook, but I don't pretend to bake).
10. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?
MotorBIKE, no; motorCYCLE, yes. My sister owns a seriously badass Harley Ultra-Glide Classic with a sidecar, and she, our Mom, and I took our vacations on the bike (okay, in short form I do call it a bike!) for years until Mom's Alzheimer's curtailed her travel.
11. Does someone have a crush on you?
Not that I know of.
12. Ever made a prank phone call?
Would crank CB broadcasts count? I spent a semester in college riding with the Wisconsin State Patrol, and once on a slow night (after we'd busted a trucker for speeding and thus saw everyone doing a careful 54 mph), my trooper decided to have a little fun with the truckers and invited me to inject a female voice onto channel 19. So I waited for a break in the conversation between two truckers with the handles of Blue Goose and Crazy Cat, and said in my best, most sultry tones, "Breaker one-nine; Blue Goose, you've got a sexy voice." Ah, hilarity ensued, and eventually I was christened Casper, as in the friendly ghost, because the truckers could hear me but couldn't figure out where I was (even though I told them honestly that I was in a blue and white car ... *grin*).
13. Listening to music?
Not at the moment. I'm playing the BBC's "The Student Prince" with Robson Green as suitable entertainment for Mom.
14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Or off a bridge? Well, for the feeling of flying, I suppose - but I'd rather keep flying the plane.
15. What shoes are you wearing right now?
16. Do you have a garden?
No. My family is big on them, but I've no talent and less discipline.
17. What's your favorite comic strip?
18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
The first verse by heart - the other three, with a litte assistance.
19. Bath or Shower, morning or night?
Morning shower person here.
20. Hello or goodbye?
Both. They both have their place, and sometimes "goodbye" can be a relief.
21. Favorite pizza toppings?
Mushroom, onion, black olive, and tomato. Unless the pizza is by Vasil, in which case it's a white pizza with a garlic sauce topped with spinach, tomato, avocado, onion, and mushroom.Yum!
22. Chips or Popcorn?
Either. I like kettle corn and tortilla chips best, but have been known to occasionally indulge in the badness of potato chips too. Just not very often.
23. Favorite color?
24. What did ur last text message you received say?
It was just a notification from my cellphone service provider. I don't text.
25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
26. Orange Juice or apple juice?
Usually orange if it's morning.
27. Who was the last person you ate dinner with?
My Mom, today.
28. What did the last text message that u sent say?
I don't text.
29. Lucky number?
Never had one.
30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
Ahh, last summer at my oldest sister's place. All the meal's veggies were out of their garden!
31. Have you ever won a trophy?
No trophies as such. Prizes and service awards, though.
32. Are you a good cook?
If I have a good recipe telling me what to do.
33. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
Not Stateside, anyway.
35. Sprite or 7-Up?
I don't do much in the carbonated beverage line, but either would do.
36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school?
37. Last thing you ate?
Half an apple and half a pear (gave my Mom the other halves).
38. Ever thrown up in public?
True love would beat money any day. Sigh.
40. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes. Pity it's never happened to me.
41. Think fast, what do you like right now?
Wasn't that a Thursday? Watching an episode of Supernatural!
44. Last time you laughed?
This afternoon. I still have fun with Mom.
45. What's your favorite animal?
I'm a horse person, a cat person, and a wolf person. If I were an animal, I would be a Friesian mare - big, black (the color I most often wear), strong, well-mannered, able to pull in harness with a team, but also good alone under saddle, and agile despite my size.
46. What was the name of your first pet?
Dickie, a canary. He was followed by Buddy, a budgie. And that's the last pet I ever had. I think I was maybe eleven when Buddy went to birdie heaven.
Celina, my Mom's occasional caregiver. She wondered if she'd left her glasses ...
48. Is there anything going on this weekend?
My sister comes home from her vacation (yay!) and we celebrate my Mom's 84th birthday.
49. How are you feeling right now?
52. Who is MOST likely to repost this survey?
Don't know. I'm so late to the party that most folk have gotten here before me.
Time for evening meds. G'night.